>>> Click here to register <<<
After 2 years of postponing it, AbGradE and EPEC are pleased to invite you to our joint symposium AbGradEPEC 2023!
The symposium is open to all early-careers – from undergraduates to postdocs and professionals. It will be a great opportunity to get to know other astrobiolgists and planetary scientists! “AbGradEPEC 2023” will be a chance to show that the space research family is still vibrant and motivated despite pandemics and natural disasters.
The preliminary programme is as follows:
- Wednesday (3.5.2023)
- afternoon: arrival
- evening: ice breaker at the pool bar
- Thursday (4.5.2023)
- whole day: scientific programme
- Friday (5.5.2023):
- morning: scientific programme
- afternoon: excursion
- Saturday (6.5.2023)
- whole day: Workshop
The scientific sessions will include contributed talks (and/or posters) by our attendees. This will be a great opportunity to present your work in front of a friendly audience of peers in a stress-free environment.
If you plan to present at both AbGradEPEC and BEACON, we kindly ask you to either contribute a presentation at AbGradEPEC for your BEACON poster, or chose two different topics, in case you contribute presentations for both events.
As soon as you fill in the registration form, we will send you further instructions concerning the format and length of the abstract for either (or both) a contributed talk or poster via email. The registration fee for the AbGradEPEC event will be 30€. Additionally, we will offer an excursion to sites of volcanological interest on Friday afternoon for 35€ extra. The bank details for the payment will be sent to you after completing the registration form. Registration is only completed when the registration fee is transferred.
We are happy to announce that we will be able to offer some accommodation grants! To be eligible, you must submit an abstract and tick the respective field in the registration form. The result of the grant evaluation will be announced in the third week of February to ensure that awardees are able to book their accommodation before the registration deadline (March 1st).
- The deadline for abstract submission (and accommodation grant applications) is January 31st, 2023 (23:59 CET)
- The deadline for registration to AbGradEPEC is March 1st, 2023.
- We would recommend that you stay directly at the venue (La Palma & Teneguia Princess Hotel). Accommodation booking should be done directly through the hotel website. Please note that ALL participants should do their booking on their own. The accommodation booking deadline is March 1st, 2023. Thereafter, accommodation cannot be guaranteed. To book accommodation, please follow the instruction below:
- Go to the hotel’s website
- Fill in the number of people, the arrival and the departure date.
- Fill in the promotion code PHYSICSTOCKHOLM (make sure to use all caps)
- You should be quoted a price of around 75€ per night for one person or around 100€ per night for two people. Please note that this is for an all-inclusive stay.
We very much hope that you will be able to join us in beautiful La Palma for