>>> 02/03/2023 UPDATE <<<
The deadline to register for this event has passed, thank you for all who have registered!
If you have any questions you should contact us directly via email.
After 2 years of postponing it, AbGradE and EPEC are pleased to invite you to our joint symposium AbGradEPEC 2023!
The event will take place on the beautiful island of La Palma🌴(Spain) at the Hotel La Palma & Teneguia Princess on May 4-6, 2023 (right before the BEACON conference)!
The symposium is open to all early-careers – from undergraduates to postdocs and professionals. It will be a great opportunity to get to know other astrobiolgists and planetary scientists! “AbGradEPEC 2023” will be a chance to show that the space research family is still vibrant and motivated despite pandemics and natural disasters.
The preliminary programme is as follows:
- Wednesday (3.5.2023)
- afternoon: arrival
- evening: ice breaker at the pool bar
- Thursday (4.5.2023)
- whole day: scientific programme
- Friday (5.5.2023):
- morning: scientific programme
- afternoon: excursion
- Saturday (6.5.2023)
- whole day: Workshop
The scientific sessions will include contributed talks (with a poster session on Thursday evening) by our attendees. This will be a great opportunity to present your work in front of a friendly audience of peers in a stress-free environment.
We are also happy to announce that we will be hosting a poster competition with monetary awards, kindly sponsored by Symmetry.
The deadline for abstract submission has passed, so as soon as you fill in the registration form, we will send you further instructions concerning how to complete the registration via the payment of the registration fee. The registration fee for the AbGradEPEC event will be 30€.
Additionally, we will offer an excursion to sites of volcanological interest on Friday afternoon for 35€ extra. Due to the limited availability of spots for the excursion transport, participation in the volcanological excursion can only be guaranteed to a limited number of registered participants. The spots will be distributed on a “first come, first served” basis via the filling of a form that will be sent to you upon registration, which will automatically close once all spots have been filled.
- The deadline for registration to AbGradEPEC is March 1st, 2023.
- Please note that registration is complete only after you send the registration fee
- We would recommend that you stay directly at the venue (La Palma & Teneguia Princess Hotel). Accommodation booking should be done directly through the hotel website. Please note that ALL participants should do their booking on their own. The accommodation booking deadline is March 1st, 2023. Thereafter, accommodation cannot be guaranteed. To book accommodation, please follow the instruction below:
- Go to the hotel’s website
- Fill in the number of people, the arrival and the departure date.
- Fill in the promotion code PHYSICSTOCKHOLM (make sure to use all caps)
- You should be quoted a price of around 75€ per night for one person or around 100€ per night for two people. Please note that this is for an all-inclusive stay.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. In addition, you can check our Facebook and Twitter accounts, as well as this website, for any news and updates related to the meeting.
We very much hope that you will be able to join us in beautiful La Palma for